My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 18, 2013

Kermit and Star Trek: Destiny



Fletcher's faint whisper, like like a breath across dried leaves, commanded Hernandez's attention. "Don't fight it, Erika. let me go ... I beg you." Hernandez's thoughts were trapped in a storm of chaotic emotions -- remorse and denial, rage and guilt. She picked up Fletcher's hand again and held it more tightly than before. Her sorrow was a tourniquet around her throat, and her voice quavered as she choked out the words, "I don't want you to go."

I'm still reading Star Trek: Destiny and have come to the place where one of two women, the only humans left in the company of aliens, is dying. When she's gone, the other is all alone in the home they had shared. This reminded me that five years ago yesterday, my cat Kermit died. I miss you, Kermit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

no small thing to be loved so well and missed so long. must have been a wonderful (and lucky) creature. my condolences Crystal

4:58 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

:) I loved them all the same but the other three cats died within a few months of each other and Kermit survived for three more years after that, so we spent more time together.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

(((This reminded me that five years ago yesterday, my cat Kermit died. I miss you, Kermit.)))

Time does fly! Have we really known each other that long cause I knew back then you really loved your Kermit.

St. Francis of Assisi, please pray for Kermit cause I'm sure that his spirit is taking care of crystal's soul.

God Bless

3:02 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Victor :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home