My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 08, 2013

"You cannot protect a nation by attacking the right of every man to speak freely without fear."


- Jefferson

My latest movie from the library was John Adams ...

a 2008 American television miniseries chronicling most of U.S. President John Adams' political life and his role in the founding of the United States. Paul Giamatti portrays John Adams ...

Actually, the character of Jefferson was the one I found most intriguing in the parts of the miniseries I've seen so far. This is odd because I don't really like him: a guy against slavery who owned slaves, a guy who deleted all the supernatural stuff from the NT and called it his own - yikes! Maybe it's just that the actor who played him, Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones), imbued him with an emotional aspect the actual Jefferson didn't possess, but at one point in the clip below he says to Adams, "You cannot protect a nation by attacking the right of every man to speak freely without fear." I agree. ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home