My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Secret Methods of Magic


- Tesla

My latest book from the library is The Prestige by Christopher Priest. I'd seen the movie, of course, and wrote about it - Tesla and The Prestige - but I'd never read the book, so when I saw this video by Simon Vance (who narrates the audio version), I decided to look for it ...



I'm just a bit into it so far and I like it! It's nicely written - received the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for best fiction and the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel - and as Vance says, it's set in two different times: the present, and the past (the part that was exclusively shown in the film). Here's a clip from the movie which shows one of the magicians (Hugh Jackman) meeting Nikola Tesla (David Bowie) ....


1 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Crystal, thanks for the link. I found my own beaches from my youth in the Wiki photos! But then there were not all those highrises along the waterfront.
We have 33 beaches?? wow
I think I could not have survived living in a city without the expansiveness of the Lake.

Could you come back a minute to my blog? I just posted about the pallium. You will like it.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home