My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Four years ago today ...

my cat Kermit died. She was the last of my four cats - her mother, sister, and brother died three years earlier - and she was 18 years old. She had a lot of health issues and needed to be given sub-Q fluids daily and near the end also had to be syringe fed. I still miss Kermit. I hope someday I'll see all my cats again in heaven. Here's what I wrote four years ago ...

Kermit passed away today. She went in for an operation to look at her throat to see why she couldn't swallow food, and they found a tumor. They could still have put in a feeding tube but I thought she might suffer too much and so they didn't wake her up from the anesthesia. I don't know if I made the right choice - maybe I let her down and did what was easier for myself. I miss her so much, can't ever talk to her anymore, can't ever pet her again, or see her little face again.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

(((Four years ago today ...
my cat Kermit died)))

Whow! Time really does fly cause "IT" seems like yesterday that Kermit passed on but still time marches on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNMrcZtKbA

GOD Bless

Peace

2:24 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the song :)

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Dyan said...

Hi Crystal,

I understand how you feel - it's coming up 2 years since we put our little dog to sleep. He was only 11 but had tumors that were causing him terrible seizures. The vet told us that there wasn't much we could do - any money we spent would just serve to prolong his suffering but I still ask myself if we did the right thing. It's so hard to say goodbye to our little loved ones. Many hugs to you.

8:52 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan,

Thanks, it helps to know others have been through the same thing.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home