My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 01, 2012

Some of what I saw today

While the hunt for the next Archbishop of Canterbury continues, I was reminded of a movie trailer I'd seen about the picking of a pope ...

I visited this blog, which has some interesting stuff about Christianity and also Judaism ... The Jesus Blog

I saw a depressing post at Oxford University's philosophy blog, Practical Ethics - Don’t Give Money to Beggars. I usually do give money to beggers, partly out of a guilty 'there-but-for-fortune' empathy. The blog post gives some reasons why you shouldn't give money: mostly that there's state aid to the poor. I don't find that reason compelling, though - the money given to the needy from the government just isn't always enough.

Here's somrthing more cheerful ... Want To Be More Focused? Look At Pictures Of Cute Baby Animals. Here's a pic I took a while ago of a baby bunny who lives down the street from me :) ...

And finally, some music ...

2 Comments:

Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

The baby bunny photo is stunning, Crystal.

6:34 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi William. Thanks :)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home