My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Revisiting the movie "Jesus"



In this video clip below, Jesus heals the daughter of the Canaanite woman - I like the way the film makes this difficult passage seem so positive.

Then Jesus has lunch with his mom, who introduces him to Mary M. Then the disciples appear and Judas tells him they've gathered 30 pieces of silver (ah - foreshadowing), but Jesus gets angry and tells them to give it to the poor - Judas is pretty peeved about this. It kind of creeps me out to see Jesus lose his temper, and maybe his mom feels the same way, as she then gives him the gimlet eye.

Next we see Jesus hanging out with the disciples as a rider from the home of Lazarus arrives, telling Jesus Lazarus is dying. The discples are bewildered (me too) when Jesus doesn't go immediately to help.

Then there's one of my favorite parts of the movie: Jesus takes a walk with Mary M and they talk over a campfire. She says that if she were only a man, she would be his most loyal disciple, and he replies, "Those who speak for me are my disciples." :)

And there's more after that ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Okay, I guess I'm going have to watch this thing:) Available online @ youtube?

10:20 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

Yeah, it is, and I think in a way that's a good thing, because the version I have on DVD was censored for we sensitive American viewers, but the online version is the whole thing (I think) :) Part i is here ... http://youtu.be/tMvG7NjfooY

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

Hey Crystal, "IT" is TGIF Day again and "I" loved this movie clip but "I'M" not going out of my way to watch "IT" cause sinner vic tells me that "IT" is all "Propaganda" and mostly lies.

Sad that sinner vic would think that way cause today after Mass, I starting thinking about

http://dailygospel.org/main.php?language=AM&module=readings&localdate=20121019

how nice "IT" would be to have some "ONE" like this "Jesus" around and.....

And STOP "IT" VICTOR, WE'RE IN THE TWENTY=FIRST CENTURY NOW!

No need to yell sinner vic cause have "I" not always given you a say when "IT" mattered

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/10/18/for-evangelicals-racism-isnt-a-dealbreaker-but-feminism-is/#comment-687432347

so say what you want but please don't yell "IT" out!

Thanks Victor cause for a minute I started to believe that you were suffering from Romneytia if ya know what I mean?

Listen Victor, if human start to believe in this "Jesus" they may as well start believing in

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/gillette/transhuman.html ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyvPjn2m240&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=18142394&postID=674413429323165142

so for "Christ Sake" VICTOR, STOP TRYING TO SCARE THE ALIEN gods.

ENOUGH sinner vic! I think that "IT" is too late for him crystal cause "IT" seems that Romney ya, has finally set in IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN? :)

Go Figure!:(

Peace

3:16 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the links :)

The movie doesn't contradict anything in the gospels, it just sort of adds a bit, I guess :)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home