My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tarping

I spent most of today with my sister putting tarps on the roof - 2 down, 5 still to go. September is usually the beginning of the rainy season but with the drought, who knows. There's actually a methodology to tarping - you have to start with the ones that will be lowest and put the peaky ones on last so that they overlap and the rain slides off as it would off fish scales. I realized I've been doing this now for 11 years ... I was putting on tarps for the first time when my sister came over to help and told me she'd heard on the news that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.

The tarps are silvery and smell all platicky ...

The pecan tree from the roof ....

While up there I saw that the walnut tree which almost died a few years ago now has a walnut :) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home