My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I hate fireworks



I was indifferent to them until the cats came to live with me and I saw how frightened they were of them. Now that the cats are gone, I've come to think of the blue jays as my pets and I worry about their reaction to tonight's/tomorrow's fireworks. Remember the stories in the news about the mysterious bird deaths? It's thought that loud noises/explosions were the cause. For those interested, here's something on the subject from Audubon magazine .... Do Fireworks Cause Bird Deaths? What to Do on the Fourth of July.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

(((If you want to see your fireworks and protect birds, too, the best thing to do is attend a commercial display, rather than setting off your own pyrotechnic devices.)))

Hey Crystal! Why don't we just go a little further and simply watch silent firecracker works instead! :(

I hear ya! Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. :)

Peace

8:02 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I've never really understood the desire to make loud noises and scare things.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Carnival said...

Yes!! Crystal, I thought I was the only one who hates fireworks. I hate the sound of something blowing up.

7:09 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Carnival,

Good to know there are at least two of us who don't like them :)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home