My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 23, 2011

The rapture


- (photo courtesy of Ben Witherington)

I missed all the rapture excitement, but better late than never: here are a few links for rapture enthusiasts ....

The Rapture, a 1991 film starring David Duchovny, Mimi Rogers, and Patrick Bauchau (rated R). I saw part of it on tv once and it was fairly depressing.

Christ Clone Trilogy, rapture trilogy by former National Security Agency analyst James BeauSeigneur that's a bit better than the Left Behind stuff. My favorite part - the apostle John, about whom Jesus said (to Peter), "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?", is still alive in the present in the story.

Finally, for a Catholic take on the rapture, here's a past article by Michael D. Guinan, O.F.M., a professor of Old Testament, Semitic languages and biblical spirituality at the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley ... Raptured or Not? .


2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

An interesting theory which turned ou to be wrong.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

9:12 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks for th comment and the link :)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home