My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 02, 2009

Cat journal


- a old pic of Kermit, Spot, Grendel, and Data looking out the window

Tonight I decided to look for my internet connection information in case I'm able to revive my old computer and switch from this one back to that one. I didn't know where the info was, though, except in a closet with tons of other stuff. Once I started, that obsessive-compulsive part of me that wants to make everything neat and to throw away old stuff kicked in, so I was at it for hours.

I found old notes from the one (really bad) novel-length story I wrote, two old keyboards and mice, tarot cards, a sea shell, two cat restraining bags, books, CDs, photographs, watercolor paints/brushes and a block, and a health journal I kept about my four cats.

I looked at the journal, which was full of entries about fleas and medications and allergy tests and dietary suppliments - I had forgotten how anxious I was about being a cat parent. It reminded me that it's 10 weeks since Kermit died - still miss her.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just like that! We finally developed 8 rolls of film that has been sitting in our fridge and I found a picture of my bird that died last year - I still miss her too.

10:19 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan,

It's good to know I'm not the only one :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm not big on religious miracles.BUT have at least two cat miracles that have no scientific explanation, as they say at Lourdes. Jack

11:38 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Jack,

I believe in miracles myself.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home