My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ingmar Bergman Interview


- Bergman

Tonight I was flipping through the tv guide, looking for something to watch, and saw that the Turner Classic Movie channel had a 1971 Dick Cavett interview (in Sweden) of Ingmar Bergman. I've seen a few Bergman movies - The Seventh Seal ... Wild Strawberries ... Scenes From A Marriage ... The Magic Flute - so I thought I'd watch the interview for a few minutes, then switch to CSI Miami :-).


- a scene from The Magic Flute

But I watched the whole thing, instead. Bergman, about 53 at the time of the interview, was open and friendly, with a sense of humor. He spoke of many things, including his childhood and of what directing his movies was like (especially Wild Strawberries). He mentioned a few visits to a psychiatrist for restless leg syndrome :-), that he liked very much Hitchcock's films, and that he had just seen and enjoyed the movie Five Easy Pieces. About halfway through the interview, Swedish actress Bibi Andersson, who has been in many of Berman's movies, joined them.


- Bibi in The Seventh Seal

I'm glad I saw the interview ... it was interesting to see someone who is such an icon ... but tomorrow, it's back to CSI's David Caruso :-) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home