My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Online Retreat

Steve, of Catholicism, Holiness, and Spirituality, has decided to once again participate in an online 34 week Ignatian-style retreat given by Creighton University. I'm joining Steve in taking the retreat ... we're just on week 2, so if anyone else is interested in doing it as well, either with Steve or on their own, it's not to late to begin, and of course, one can begin the retreat any time of the year. As Steve writes ...

Each week there are a few scripture readings, spiritual reflections, and instructions for prayer or personal reflection. You can go to the Creighton site to read each week's materials (sample), or print the pages off to take with you, or read them via your PDA/Smartphone. My addition to Creighton's fine work is to host an online discussion forum, where we can discuss each week's materials and our responses to them ....There's no cost to join the retreat, no requirement or pressure to go through the whole 34 weeks, and no requirement or expectation to participate in online discussions. You can take the retreat totally separate from the discussion forum group I'm offering here ...

For those who might want to see what a retreat based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola is like, but who can't spare the time away from the daily grind, this may be a possible alternative to the 30 day retreat at a spirituality center.

Read about the history of the Spiritual Exercises here


- Loyola House Retreat Center


2 Comments:

Blogger victor said...

Crystal,

Ever since Steve first posted this topic, I’ve been asking and asking myself if I should join?

After reading your post I again ask my Jesus and He seem to say, well if you need to ask that often then you’re not ready. I wondered why He said that and asked my heart if it had anything to do with taking the log out of my eyes before I try working on other people. No one seems to have answered me so I’ll just pass this time around again but who knows what might happen next year?

The good news is that I’m at least slowly checking out the spirituality center that you included in your post.

Once I’ve drained myself of whatever is holding me back and while I’m doing that if I happen to help someone else in the process well then that should be a plus. I hear ya! I also hope that I don’t drive anyone crazy before then. (lol!)

1:40 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Victor,

that online retreat can be started at any time of the year, so whenever and if ever you want to do it, it's there. I've wanted to take a retreat at one of the spirituality centers, but I'm so shy and agoraphobic that I can't bring myself to do it ... that's why the online retreat was an easier choice for me.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home